Vacancy – Personal Assistant to Ambassador
The Embassy and Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Vienna is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of Personal Assistant to the Ambassador.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Drafting letters, speeches, documents and emails
- Managing all incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Making travel arrangements for the Ambassador
- Support the Administration Officer with tax refunds and financial matters
- Assist with event management activities
- Act as the first point of contact for phone calls and general queries
- General office management including the maintenance of the Embassy and Ambassador Schedule, gift organization and data management
- Maintaining the Ambassador’s and the Embassy’s contact lists
- Support the Embassy Diplomatic Staff as required
- University degree in political science, international relations, or any other relevant field.
- 2-3 years of substantive experience in relevant positions is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills in English and German – ability to proofread and edit documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with others in an international environment.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and manage time effectively in a high stress, fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Austrian and Afghan politics, economy, culture and with current issues in bilateral and multilateral relations would be an asset.
- Clean record, must be able to work legally in Austria
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for details.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.