Vacancy – Media and Communications Associate
The Embassy and Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Vienna is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of a Media and Communications Associate.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Draft press releases and other creative materials
- Maintain the website and social media accounts of the Embassy
- Under the guidance of the Ambassador, research and write speeches for the Ambassador and other senior officials
- Monitor multiple Austrian, Afghan and other relevant media sources and regularly collect press materials for senior staff as well as write editorial responses when necessary
- Create original content to be used for newsletters, website and social media
- Proofread a variety of documents, including speeches, press releases, web content, presentations, letters, and other materials
- Maintain the Embassy’s press lists and arrange interviews and press coverage for the Ambassador and other Afghan officials.
- Assist in the organization of Embassy events and occasionally act as the Embassy’s photographer
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, or any other relevant field.
- Experience in PR and Communication Sector
- Excellent writing skills in English (German and Dari/Pashto an advantage), ability to proofread and edit documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with others in an international environment.
- The ability to work with tight deadlines and manage time effectively in a high stress, fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with website and email campaign management.
- Familiarity with working with the press, including reporters, producers and editors.
- Familiarity with Austrian and Afghan politics, economy, culture and with current issues in bilateral and multilateral relations.
- Some familiarity with graphic design (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) an advantage
- Clean record, must be able to work legally in Austria
Qualified candidates are kindly asked to forward a CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.