The Embassy and Permanent Mission of Afghanistan in Vienna is looking for a new intern for a period of 3-6 months. Undergraduate and graduate students who are interested to work in a diplomatic or Afghanistan-related area are strongly encouraged to apply. This opportunity will offer practical experience of working in an embassy, as well as exposure to Afghanistan’s current affairs and major intergovernmental bodies such as the OSCE and relevant UN agencies based in Vienna. Efforts will be made to match the intern to their particular field of interest.
Internships are available throughout the year on a part-time or full-time basis. Please note that no financial compensation is offered.
- Undertaking relevant research
- Producing analytical reports on policies or developments related to Afghanistan
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings and conferences in Vienna
- Assisting with the everyday operations of the Embassy (e.g. drafting Note Verbales or speeches)
- Excellent command of English. Additional language skills in German are very advantageous.
- Keen interest in International Relations, especially, in regards to Afghanistan.
- Previous work experience at a diplomatic or intergovernmental organization is beneficial.
- The candidate should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or Master’s programme.
- Interested applicants from all academic backgrounds and nationalities are welcome to apply.
To apply for an internship, please forward the following to email@example.com
- Letter of Motivation (no longer than 1 page), including why you believe you would make a positive contribution to the Embassy and Permanent Mission of Afghanistan, and also briefly relate your interest in this internship to your future career ambitions.