The Embassy of Afghanistan in Vienna issues inheritance forms to Afghan nationals and Afghan-born individuals residing in, and applying from Austria, Hungary, Slovenia and Liechtenstein.
Applications for an inheritance form can only be made in person by the applicant. The applicant must be accompanied by three referees and two witnesses (see “Checklist of requirements” below for details).
Checklist of requirements
All applicants for inheritance registration must:
- Be present, through a pre-arranged appointment, at the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- Physical Appearance of the applicant(s) and witnesses is must
- Provide 3 standard passport size photos affixed to the appropriate box in the application form. Photos must be taken directly off the face and show both ears.
- Bring three referees with fully detailed and signed affidavits, including 3 photos of each (Referees are individuals other than the applicant’s close relatives who can testify to the facts of the inheritance).
- Bring two witnesses, including their full details and 3 photos of each.
- Provide documents verifying the identity of the applicant.
- Provide documents relating to the inheritance concerned.
- Provide documents verifying current address of the applicant such as utility bills.
- Pay inheritance form processing fee in cash.
How to apply
All applicants must contact the Consular Section in advance to book an interview appointment.
At the appointed time, the applicants alongside witnesses and guarantors should arrive at the Embassy
The interview may last for one to two hours. Usually, inheritance forms are issued at the end of the interview. In some cases, the applicants will be asked to return on a specified day and time to pick up their forms.
Return of original documents
All original documents submitted as part of application for inheritance registration will be returned to the applicant after the due process.