The Embassy of Afghanistan in Vienna issues Power of Attorney letters to Afghan nationals, and Afghan-born individuals and other individuals residing in, and applying from Austria, Slovenia and Liechtenstein.
Applications for Power of Attorney letters can only be made in person by the applicant. The applicant must be accompanied by the attorney, if available, and two witnesses.
Checklist of requirements
All applicants must:
- Be present at the Embassy Consular Section through a pre-arranged appointment.
- Physical Appearance of the applicant(s) and witnesses is must
- Provide 1 standard passport size photos affixed to the appropriate box in the application form. Photos must be fresh, identical and taken directly off the face to show both ears.
- Bring two adult witnesses, including their full details and 1 photos of each.
- If the Power of Attorney letter concerns a land or property matter, provide complete details of the property.
- Provide documents verifying the identity of the applicant.
- Provide documents verifying the identity of the attorney. If the attorney is not present, his/her written consent must be presented.
- Provide documents verifying current address of the applicant.
- Pay the necessary processing fee in cash.
Return of original documents
All original documents submitted as part of application for a Power of Attorney letter will be returned to the applicant after the due process.
How to apply
All applicants must contact the Consular Section in advance to book an interview appointment. The Consular Section’s opening hours are as follows link: http://www.afghanistan-vienna.org/contact-information/
At the appointed time, the applicants alongside witnesses and guarantors should arrive at the Embassy.
The interview may last for one to two hours. Usually, Power of Attorney letters are issued at the end of the interview. In some cases, the applicants will be asked to return on a specified day and time to pick up the letter.